29 October 2010

Are you Interested in Coaching at our Free Tax Clinics in 2011?

Please let me know ASAP if you want to help in our free VITA tax clinics for spring 2011--either as a financial coach and/or as an actual tax preparer.  The later of course requires a special training. You would be working with families and individuals living on lower incomes in some state of poverty. You would be able to talk with/coach clients while they wait (all walk-ins), to see a tax preparer at the clinic and/or make contact to see them again for however many sessions they'd like to see you for help. 

I'd like to hold a special informational/brainstorming meeting for this during November sometime.  The dates I'm considering that I'd like your input on are: Saturday 11/13 or Saturday 11/20 at 2pm--or perhaps Fridays on 11/12 or 11/19 at 4pm.  If none of these times work please send me 3 alternative times that work for you and I'll see how everyone elses schedules link up.

This is a phenomenal opportunity to reach people who really need financial coaching help as well as help linking up with other social services in the community, etc.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I would be interested in attending to find out when the tax clinics would be held. Is this something that could be done outside of my work schedule? Could you post more details?

    Thanks,
    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in attending as well.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete